Pages

Monday, October 13, 2014

Final Project Book Choice

       After searching Amazon books with key words such as “information society”, “network society” and “social media’s impact on the information society”, I narrowed it down to three book choices. 1. Social Media Explained: Untangling the World's Most Misunderstood Business Trend By: Mark W. Schaefer Published: February 17th, 2014. This book helps explain how social media has had a great impact on our marketing and how we do business today. 2. The Social Animal: The Hidden Sources of Love, Character, and Achievement By: David Brooks Published: January 3rd, 2012. This book explains how we live now and why that impacts our world. 3.  Abundance: The Future Is Better Than You Think By: Peter H. Diamandis and Steven Kotler Published: September 23rd, 2014. This book talks about how we have the power to make greater advancements in the next two decades then we have in the past 200 years. I became especially curious about the third book I found, Abundance, because I wanted to see how it argued that with the right balance of technology and human capitol we are able to make huge advancements and how the future is going to be a better place. I learned that this author is very creditable for he does many TED talks and many political figures, including Bill Clinton, have recommended this book, saying it is a must read. Therefore, I chose to read the book Abundance: The Future Is Better Than You Think to read for my final project. 


1 comment:

  1. I like the keywords to find your book. Just judging a book by its cover it immediately looks very interesting with the catch phrase "The future is better than you think." I've also seen one of Diamandis' TED talks and juding off that, I wish I stumbled upon this book before you

    ReplyDelete