Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Extra Credit - Periodicals and their Audiences Lecture

I went to the lecture on Friday titled "Periodicals and their Audiences." There were three speakers in the lecture, where the last two were especially interesting. The second speaker spoke about the importance of Ebony Magazine in Black History. It was interesting to hear about how the magazine had such a profound effect on an entire community. The third speaker spoke about confession and self-help magazines as a way of therapy for those not able to access normal methods. I found some of the topics interesting and thought they could be used when I go to write my book report later in the semester, so I jotted down some notes.
I also took a picture of the panel on the right! 


Jesse Schoenike

No comments:

Post a Comment