Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

Hello fellow classmates,

My name is James Bianco. I'm a sophomore planning to major in Actuarial Science with possibly a certificate in Spanish. I'm from Brookfield, WI, a western suburb of Milwaukee about an hour East of campus. I was born in New York City and moved to Wisconsin when I was 12 years old, so I think the 7 years as a cheesehead exclude me from being considered a coastie. I have one brother and one sister and I'm the oldest. I have a black lab named Lucy who I love more than anything in this world. I also have a cat named Ricky (Get it? Ricky and Lucy?). This summer I worked full-time in a metal factory so that was rough but Summerfest and State Fair kept me sane. I'm also a member of the UW marching band and Camp Randall is the crown jewel of this great state.

I look forward to LIS 201. I'm not really sure what to expect but it seems like it'll be a way different class than the classes I've taken before. I took English 100 last semester and I was pretty happ with every paper I wrote for that class. I'm good at narrative, persuasive, and informative papers but I haven't had much experience writing besides that. The last time I took a class with any kind of public speaking was when I was a sophomore in high school, but I'd say I'm outgoing and energetic so hopefully that helps. Go Badgers!


No comments:

Post a Comment