Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Self Searching

I think one thing that made finding information about myself really easily was that my name is relatively unique. The Whitepages were able to tell me that I am a t-mobile user and that my hometown is located near Waukesha, WI. Using the FactFinder, you can easily see that my zip code is predominately white (94%). Also about 3/4 of the properties are owned by the people living in them, with the remaining being rental units. When I Googled my name on a browser I don't use I was the majority of the first results. In the images, my Google plus profile picture was first, followed by my LinkedIn photo and finally an old profile picture from Facebook. From the simple Google search you could see that I was an honor roll student in high school and that I ran cross country. You could also easily see my sister's school project where she mapped out our family tree. It's interesting to know how much someone could find out about me off a basic search that takes all of five minutes. I think based off a simple search a firm could clearly be able to identify me based off of the pictures there are and have a little insight into my interests based off my old twitter account and other information available.

No comments:

Post a Comment