Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

I found this online assignment to be impossible. Yes, it was Halloween weekend, which adds the difficulty to stay offline and off your phone, but I still can’t do it on a normal week or weekend. I need my phone to communicate to classmates about related material and my computer is mandatory for all my classes. I would flunk out of school if I couldn't use a computer for multiple days. It is too necessary for the course work. When my computer broke last year, I didn't stop using a computer. I just went to libraries to use a computer. The computer is just too vital and the University expects you to have or use one. I didn't even attempt to do the assignment. I threw in the towel after the Friday discussion. I wish technology wasn't so intertwined into my life, but the fact of the matter it is. I wish I could go back to the simple days, but I can’t. I wish I never had to get a smart phone, but the world demands one so I must. I think technology use must be generally accepted in the 21st century, but I do think the use of technology should be a hot topic as technology expands.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with the opinion you expressed at the end. However, I don't think you should wish that you could go back to simpler days. Sure, society these days is pretty dependent on technology. But think of all the great things that technology has enabled us to do. I think it helps us more than it hurts us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly don't think I could go back to the days where they didn't use phones or computers to communicate. Life would be so different and these technologies allow us to do so much. I rely on my phone way too much which I guess sometimes interferes with my daily life. So in that way, I wish I could go back in time. I would probably get a lot more done with my day.

    ReplyDelete