Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Hybrid Course

When I googled hybrid course many of the first links that popped up were links to UW-Milwaukee. I found a link to a UW-Madison engineering course that classified itself as hybrid. It didn't really seem too different from the approach of our course. It mentioned that it was using technology to get the students best prepared for success in the 21st century. As for my own experience in this course, I think the online portions were very connected to the in-person portions because they were directly related to the lecture topics and the readings we had for the week. I really feel like I was a more productive student in the virtual world, but I feel like that could just be because the majority of work for the course was online as opposed to offline. I think I was able to learn more about other students more in the in-person sections because that is where personality really comes out I think, especially authentic personality because sometimes a person's online persona is much different from reality. I don't really think the course changed my comfort level with technology because I was already pretty comfortable with it. Moving forward, I think this course had a pretty good balance and I don't know if it would be a good idea to go any further with the technology. The readings and lectures definitely brought perspective to the online assignments because it is always good to have some background on what you are working on. Overall, I think this course had a good balance of technology portions and in-person portions.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you that it is important that the online component of the hybrid course isn't more important than the in-class component. People are different in-person than they are online, so this course approach could be beneficial to someone who is introverted in-person

    ReplyDelete