Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

Software Training Extra Credit

I attended one of the 2 hour software training workshops on Excel through Software Training for Students. As an actuarial science major, I'm going to be analyzing a lot of data through Excel and learning about all the features and functions of Excel so it was great to get a head start on that. It was the basic course so most of the things taught I already knew, but there was a lot of shortcuts and additional stuff that I learned that will be helpful in the future. In the class, we learned about basic data entering, formatting the data boxes, using functions, auto fill options, freezing panes to keep tabs locked when scrolling, how to make if statements that are conditional based on the data entered, sorting data, making graphs and formatting them, and how to print the data. I definitely plan on attending the additional intermediate level Excel workshops.

No comments:

Post a Comment