Pages

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Week 10 Online Assignment


The technology skills required states proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint. Advanced Level preferred.
Saint Cloud Minnesota- 3 permanent jobs listed and 0 temporary jobs listed. One of the jobs is a secret shopper. The role of the job would be to purchase alcohol and make sure the stores check for i.d.s. I think this would be an interesting job, but I would be terrible at it because I would never bust the clerk for not checking my i.d. I believe the drinking age is a ridiculous amount of time and money to enforce.
Madison WI- 8 contract jobs. 2 permanent jobs. 3 temp jobs. The temp jobs did not interest me because they were all pathetic temp agency jobs. The permanent jobs looked way above my qualifications, so they didn’t interest me either.

Wilmington, NC- I would like to live here someday, but it would be tough to land a job. The only jobs available are 2 contact jobs. The jobs offered were manual labor jobs, which I wouldn’t mind.

2 comments:

  1. I think the secret shopper sounds like a lot of fun, though I'm curious who is hiring (government, watchdog group, liqueur store, ect.) for that position because there could be a lot of implications on what you are trying to do. Wilmington seems like a decent sized city so it seems odd to me that there are so few positions listed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a secret shopper sounds like an interesting job, I am somewhat surprised though that I didn't see that job post in any of my search considering that's a huge problem in Chicago. Also interested in what kind of qualifications you would need for a job like that. You sure found some unique results.

    ReplyDelete