Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Unplugging Assignment

I attempted to see how long I could do this assignment starting on Wednesday. I knew I had a lot of homework and work-related stuff to do with electronics earlier in the week so that wasn't going to work. The hardest thing for me to do was to stay off my phone. I compulsively feel the need to check my texts, snapchats, etc. especially when I am bored. It was really weird to realize how many times I would reach for my phone and not need it at all. I think it is easy to stay away from the computer for a couple of days, but letting go of my life that is connected to my phone was much more difficult. Overall I only lasted until late on Wednesday night because I had to use the computer at work. After I started using it to fill out the inventory, I got bored and started to scroll through other stuff. Overall I think this exercise proved how dependent I am on electronics. Without the ability to be physically in one place and mentally in other, I felt bored or awkward in certain situations. It was weird not being able to just grab my phone and scroll through it and left me feeling out of place in the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment